If you are looking for high-quality products, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is Magnesium-Nitride?
Magnesium Nitride, is an inorganic compound having the chemical formula Mg3N2. It’s particulate matter that is part of the cubic crystals system. At low temperatures, pure magnesium nitride is a yellow-green powder however magnesium nitride, which has a portion of magnesium oxide impurities is greyish white.
The Molar mass of magnesium oxide is 100.95g/mol. Their density stands at 2.712g/cm3. Magnesium nitride is completely dissolved in water and acid, however it is partially dissolved by the ethanol and ether.
The melting point of magnesium is 1500 degrees. Magnesium, like other metal nitrides, reacts with water to form ammonia. Often used as a catalyst. React with acid or nonmetallic oxides and form ammonium salts as well as magnesium salts.
Magnesium nitride is ceramic in nature. Magnesium nitride is highly resistant to corrosion resistance and significantly increases production efficiency. Magnesium nitride also has high thermal conductivity as well being resistant to corrosion and temperature resistance. Magnesium nitride also has a great significance since it’s used as a catalyst to aid in the synthesis of boron nitrogen.
What Is Magnesium-Nitride Used For?
1. Utilized as a catalyst in order to creating the nitride elements with high hardness with high thermal conductivity corrosion resistance, wear resistance and very high-temperature resistance. The first successful formula for cubic boron, it was the catalyst that was used, magnesium nitride.
2. The product is designed for use as high strength steel Smelting additives. Magnesium Nitride (Mg3N2) replaces desulphurized magnesium used in construction steel melts, which is helpful in increasing the density strength in tension and bearing power of steel. In addition, using of magnesium Nitride (Mg3N2) desulfurizationcould reduce the quantity of other additivesand help reduce the production costs of construction steel.
3. Useful for preparing special ceramic materials;
4. To manufacture a special alloy foaming agent;
5. Special glass for manufacturing;
6. For catalytic polymer crosslinking;
7. For the recycling of radioactive waste
How to Produce Magnesium Nitride?
Presently, the primary methods for making magnesium nitride are direct reactions method of magnesium powder with nitrogen, the method for resolving magnesium with nitrogen using nitrogen plasma flow, magnesium coil explosion method in nitrogen atmosphere the low pressure chemical gas complementary product method, self-propagating high temperature synthesis method, nano magnesium nitride synthesizer, and so on.
Recently, G. Soto et al. produced amorphous magnesium-nitride films that have different Mg:N ratios Si substrates in a nitrogen-based molecular environment through Pulse laser deposition. These methods are limited in their industrial production because of expensive costs, long processes, complex equipment operation, or the low yield of magnesium oxide.
While the direct reaction of magnesium powder with nitrogen is of industrial benefits, the process of magnesium nitride powder needs higher reaction temperature and longer reaction time. Also, the shape of the particles is not clear and easy to disperse, which isn’t able to meet demands of industrial quality. The decomposition of NH3 may be accomplished into Nand N2 – with broken bonds much more quickly than N2 and the H2 that is decomposed can block the formation of MgO. This is why ammonia could be used as the nitrogen source. Chen Faqin et al. utilized liquid ammonia as a nitrogen source to prepare magnesium nitride powder by direct the nitriding process of magnesium powder. The following conclusions can be drawn from thermodynamic analyses, liquid ammonia could react with magnesium powder more readily than nitrogen to make magnesium nitride. Good quality magnesium nitride containing high purity and uniform powder particles is prepared by heating to 600 and ammonia in 1hand then heated to 800degrees, with an ammonia flow rate is 500ml/min. the time for nitriding of 1h.
Magnesium Nitride Mg3N2 Disperser
We are a reputable global chemical material supplier & manufacturer with more than 12 years’ experience manufacturing high-quality chemicals and nanomaterials. Examples include silicon, nitride powder, graphite , zinc sulfide calcium nitride, 3D printing powder, etc.
If you’re searching for high-quality Mg3N2 powder We invite you to call us or send us an inquiry. (email@example.com)